Tom’s Sewing is committed to providing a safe environment for our customers, students and staff.
All the staff at Tom’s Sewing Centre, Countryfolk Fabric and Burnaby Sewing Centre have been listening to the government and public health recommendations regarding the Corona Virus and feel it is time to make some difficult decisions. Tom and James will continue servicing machines but, to ensure they can keep on doing this, Tom’s Sewing Centre will be offering curbside service only. An explanation of curbside service is provided below. As well, Countryfolk Fabric and Burnaby Sewing Centre will be limiting their hours of service.
We are taking the following steps to ensure the continued health and safety of everyone in all our stores:
- Burnaby Sewing Centre will be open Thurs and Sat from 10:00am – 5:00pm
- Countryfolk Fabric will be open Wed and Sat from 9:30am – 5:00pm
- Tom’s Sewing Centre will be open for curbside service from Monday – Friday 9:30am – 5:30pm and Saturday 9:30am – 5:00pm
- We will ship any notions or fabric you would like for a nominal shipping fee.
- All classes are postponed until further notice. This includes Cake Therapy, Kimberbell Club and Day Retreat, all coming up this week. We are looking at presenting the Kimberbell club as a Facebook live event but that is still in the consideration stage. Look for more details about that tomorrow.
- The new class schedule release will be postponed until further notice.
- We will continue to email you the great deals and sales we were planning to have during the Creativ Festival so you can continue to support the stores by shopping online and continuing to quilt at home.
- The additional cleaning of each store
Arriving at the store:
- If you walk into a store, we will ask you to wash your hands before shopping.
- Please do not come to the store if you or anyone in your family is feeling sick in anyway. If you can’t make it in person, no problem. We’re happy to ship you products and materials.
Curbside Service – A New Option.
- Curbside Service will be available at all three stores. You can call and let us know what you want. We will put your order together and email you a receipt which you can pay by credit card or by email transfer. When you arrive at the store to pick up your order, just park and call us. We’ll deliver your order right to your vehicle.
- Sewing Machine Drop Off or Pick up. For drop-offs, bring your machine to the door. For pick-ups, bring the yellow copy of work order. For either situation, we will take care of you at the door.
- Need Fabric? We’ve got that covered too. We’ll email you photos of fabric. You choose what you want and we will prepare it for pick-up. Consider us your personal shoppers. We’re happy to help.
We thank you so much for your understanding and continued support during these very challenging times.
Tom’s Sewing Centre Staff
#5 – 45802 Luckakuck Way
Burnaby Sewing Centre
6190 Kingsway Ave