Mark your Calendar
Santa is Coming
Customer Appreciation Day
Friday – Dec 1, 2017 at Tom’s Sewing Centre
- Pictures with Santa: 1pm – 5pm
- Free Class – How to make a Stocking: 10am – 12pm
- Stocking Making in the Classroom: 10am – 5pm
- Sew and Tell: 1pm – 2pm
- Fun, Treats and Great Sales: 9:30am – 5:30pm
Pictures with Santa: Bring your kids, Grandkids, friends and get a free picture with Santa. You can pick up a printed picture or be emailed a copy.
How to Make a Stocking: If you have never made a stocking you can trace Cindy’s perfectly shaped stocking pattern and Cindy will teach you how to put it together. You can have amazing stockings in time for Christmas. Every stocking donated to the Christmas Bueau during will be eligible for 1 entry to our stocking draw. See details below.
Stocking Making in the Classroom: Come and sew stocking for the Surrey Christmas Bureau, drop off stocking you have already made or bring in Christmas scraps you no longer need so others can turn those great pieces into stocking. The Christmas Bureau hands out hundreds of toys and many of those kids do not have stockings. They always LOVE the stockings we donate.
Sew and Tell: We love to see what everyone is making, this is such a great way to be inspired and get in the Christmas spirit. Come with your favourite Christmas projects (max 10) and show what you have done this year or in previous years. For every item you show you can enter your name into a draw for a door prize.
Fun, Treats and Great Sales: All day we will have sales and Christmas goodies, so come in with your friends and visit for a while. Tom will ensure the hot chocolate is on (even if he is banned from it).
Stocking Contest Information:
Would you like to WIN an early Christmas gift? Grand prize will be a Gift Certificate valued at $100. One for each store. All of our customers are invited to participate. The prize will be awarded by random draw. To be eligible to win you will need to make a quilted stocking. Here are the rules:
Each Entry Must:
* Stocking Front must consist of three layers – the top, batting and lining and include a hanging tab (stocking back does not need to be quilted)
* be a min of 12″ long
* be made with 100% quilter’s cotton
* can be pieced, contain embroidery and or applique or a panel
* be quilted either by hand, machine or a combination of both
* be made in 2017 and not have been used
* All Entries must be in by Sat Dec 16, 2017
*Maximum 3 Entries per customer per day (except Fri Dec 1- as many as you sew in the store). Contest entrant must drop of stockings (no dropping off for your friends).
All stockings will be donated to charity. Let’s start spreading the Christmas cheer!
Tom’s Sewing Centre
#102 – 8338 – 120th St